We respect the privacy of all users and understand it is a big concern. Our system allows our customers to send Email to their clients, prospects or subscribers who have allowed their Emails address to be used for such mailings.
We are firmly opposed to the sending Unsolicited Email. Under our Terms of Service, we will not allow our customers to use our service for unsolicited Email.
Bulk or Commercial E-Mail
You must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and other laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial e-mail. In addition, you must comply with the following:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure, or double opt in:
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given, this is done so that other people cannot put others email addresses on lists, they must confirm within their email accounts:
- You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient's and Markup Factory's requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, "You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites," and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, "If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at email@example.com."
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints; and
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Markup Factory service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Markup Factory service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Markup Factory may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.